Wednesday 10 December 2014

Promotional Methods



Promotional methods
Promotional methods are ways in which I can advertise my magazine so that I can increase my readership numbers, there are many ways in with this is possible. The promotion stage of a magazine is very crucial it will make or break a magazine so I have to choose carefully which ways would be best suited for my magazine

One way in which I can put my magazine out there is social media which is the most obvious one, as social media is so big at the moment it would be wise to use it promote my magazine, the younger generations tend to used social media more, so it good that my magazine is aimed at the younger audience. Places like Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Instagram and many others that people use these days, we could try to get things trending, like hashtag things on twitter and Instagram, or make video as that the audience can keep up with or post pics of celebs who will be interviewed for the magazine this way people like fans will want to know more. We could get already existing magazines to give us a shout out. We could make out own pages for the magazine so the audience have a better idea what the magazine is about.

Another way in which I could promote my magazine is broadcast advertising, which is getting radio stations or TV channels to give the magazine a shout out. Radio stations such as capital, kiss and radio one are wise to pick as they play the same genre of music that my magazine is based around and their audience is very similar to mine so people who listen to these stations will have the same taste in music. With TV, channels like 4Music and MTV could promote us by giving a shout out; also my audience are very familiar with these programmes as they play my genre of music.

Public transport is a great way of advertising because it’s so very commonly used by the general public, we could get banners and posters in the train station or eve in the trains themselves, or on the buses, buses tend to have a lot of advertisement and a lot of people use buses on a daily basis. We could give away leaflets at the underground to random people or people who look like they would be interested.

Sales promotion is another way to get the name across, this is creating completion for those who subscribe to the magazine, the audience will be incised to winning, so we need a completion that everyone would want to win something exiting like meet and greets or tickets, they can’t win unless they sign up to the magazine or at least subscribe so this will be a good way for them to be a part of the magazine. This is a good way in which I can persuade the audience to be a part of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment